The Long Drive Was Worth It... November 18, 2008

We had such a good time together.  I love being with my family...
I'll tell more about our vacation later, but tonight I just had to post a few of my favorite pictures from Thursday when we went to the beach.  The lighting was so bright, beautiful, and soft, even if it was a bit hazy. I used my long lens and captured a bunch of priceless pictures of my two favorite people.  It was hard to pick which ones not to share because I loved how they turned out so much!  Part of that is that our time at the beach that day was so wonderful. 
My Christopher got to go surfing.  I love him so much that when he gets to do something that he loves so much and has the opportunity to do so rarely, it really makes me happy.  (It makes him happy too!)  While he was off somewhere in the waves, Noah and I played on the beach.  The tide was way out and so the beach was covered in shallow tide pools.  I could almost see Noah's mind expanding as we explored them together.  What a priceless experience it is to be a parent and see your child experience something for the first time.  I'd never seen tide pools on this beach before either, so it was new for me too.   The water was warm from sun having warmed it up all afternoon and Noah kept lying down in it pretending he was a baby crab and wanting me to follow him around pretending to be his mommy crab.  (That's a game we play all the time with different animals.  At least once a day he's my baby kitty, or horse, or kangaroo, or whatever and I'm the mommy.  His imagination is so well developed, especially for someone his age.  It's so much fun.)  We saw a small octopus, a bunch of crabs, and some kind of shrimp looking thing in the pools.  Noah was also intrigued by all the sea weed.
After Chris finished surfing, he came in to get Noah and take him out on a wave in the shallows.  Watching the two of them getting ready to go out together was so precious to me.  Noah wanted to do everything just exactly the same way his Daddy was doing it.  I love that they have each other.
The whole drive was worth it, even just for this one afternoon.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whole Bunch of Goings On... April 15, 2008

A Sick Mommie's Two Best Friends... January 18, 2008

A Bang-em Up Weekend... July 04, 2008