"I'll eat you up, I love you so!"... August 26, 2008

One of our favorite books lately has been Where the Wild Things Are.  You love to tell me that you're a wild thing and I love to tell you that I'm going to eat you up!  This morning we were reading it together and, as usual, you wanted to spend extra time looking at the pages with all the monsters on them.  One of my other favorite parts of reading a familiar book with you is that I will sometimes pause and you will help me "read" it by saying the word that comes next.  You're such a smart boy.  I love how much you like to read.  Today when we got to the end of the book I pointed out how the boy in the story has a cute little smile, almost a smirk, on his face when he gets back to his room and notices that his mommy has brought him his dinner.  You always finish the story by saying the last line for me, "and it was still hot", and this morning you also purposely copied the look the little boy had on his face.  I looked over at you and you were smirking too. 
You must've had a scary dream last night.  I woke up at about 2am because I heard you whimper from across the hall and then you said, "I scared...Mommy?" so I went in to comfort you.  You started to tell me in your cutest of all little two-year-old voices that there was a "scary alligator".  I so love hearing what your imagination comes up with!  Here was the rest of our middle of the night conversation:
me - "An alligator?  But alligators can be your friends."
you - (like a lightbulb just turned on inside your head)  "Yeah, my friend!  Baby alligator."
me - "Baby alligator?"
you - "Baby stroller."
me - "You want to take your baby alligator in a walk in the baby stroller?"
you - (as if in explanation) "My friend!  Two pirates."  In other words after the walk in the stroller, he wanted to help the alligator dress up as a pirate and then there would be two pirates, because of course he was counting himself and Noah is always a pirate!
I took you to the grocery store last night where once again you were on the look out for fellow "pirates", aka grown men that look a bit on the scraggly/wild side.  Last night as we were walking into the store you excitedly pointed out a "pirate" to me, although this time it didn't look to me like that guy would've liked being considered a pirate like some of the other "pirates" we've encountered before so I hoped he didn't notice you shouting pirate while you pointed at him and walked as fast as I could with you into the store.
I love when you imitate your daddy and I and the way we talk to each other.  Sometimes you call to us using the names that we use to call each other.  On Sunday morning I heard you call daddy your own interpretation calling him, "honey papa".  My favorites in your little voice sound like this, "Schweet-heart", "Huneeey", "Schweetieee".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whole Bunch of Goings On... April 15, 2008

A Sick Mommie's Two Best Friends... January 18, 2008

A Bang-em Up Weekend... July 04, 2008