She's Here!!! September 05, 2007

The past few days have been so special for me and my family.  My newest little niece, Jami, was born yesterday.  I was so relieved when I got the phone call from my mom just minutes after she was born that she was here, that my sister was ok, and that everything went well.  When I saw her for the first time I was overwhelmed with her complete innocence, and with the beauty of a newborn child.  I expected meeting her for the first time to be sweet, but I was stunned by the emotion I felt.  She's a miracle.  Babies are miracles; every one of them.  It was amazing to look at her and to think that she had been in heaven only a few hours before.  What must that be like to be standing on the precipice of time?  I wish I could remember...
All of those thoughts were running across my mind as I held her for the first time and as I watched my sister hold her new daughter.  It's so wonderful to think that she belongs to our family.  I'm so grateful to be her Aunt.  I feel that way about all of my nieces and nephews.  I never knew I could love them each so much. 
I took these sweet pictures of Heidi and Glen cherishing their newborn baby on the day that she was born.  I think they turned out pretty well for just being pictures taken in a hospital.  I have a feeling she's going to get her picture taken a lot over the next few months! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whole Bunch of Goings On... April 15, 2008

A Sick Mommie's Two Best Friends... January 18, 2008

A Bang-em Up Weekend... July 04, 2008